Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Destination Spot: Gatlinburg, TN

I just spent the past week up in Gatlinburg, TN and I have to say I was impressed with the romantic atmosphere of this little town!  Cute shop after cute shop lines the main street through town and most are geared at couples and young families.  There were half a dozen shops that specialize in the old timey dress up photos.  A cute idea for a unique couple or honeymoon shot!  There were also Moonshine tastings (as shown in my picture) and whiskey.  Ice Skating and Skiing are available with a quick trip up the mountain.  Best of all, the entire city is decorated from head to toe for the holidays.  I wasn't able to get any good photos of it, but there are many light displays spread throughout town.

The cabin we rented was in the Arts and Crafts Community.  This area featured tons of shops with hand made goodies to peruse.  We also gorged ourselves at the many local restaurants.  We stayed the week after New Years, and the traffic was minimal.  We were warned though that during peak seasons this is quite the destination spot.  I've got a couple of good articles planned about some of the great wedding chapels I saw.  If you are looking for a small destination spot that is not too far, Gatlinburg may be the place for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment