Thursday, December 27, 2012

Seasons Come & Go

As you think about themes and wedding planning, the season and the time of year plays a big part in making plans.  So what time of year do you consider to be perfect?

Spring is the season of new beginnings, and could be a perfect time of year to start a new family.  Spring to me brings forth images of newly budding leaves, light breezes, and the delicate fragrance of spring blooms.  I have considered an outdoor wedding in the spring.  Of course, this also means I'll need a good contingency plan for rain.

Summer should be spelled F-U-N!  All of the kids are out for the summer and relatives are usually ready to travel during the great summer months.   If you are thinking about a beach wedding, summer is generally the month to have it in!  The water gets to be just the right temperature for everyone to enjoy.  Summer tends to be the most popular season to get married in, which may mean higher prices with some of the vendors.

I love the rich colors of Fall.  Harvest season is a great time to utilize natural decor such as apples and rustic containers.  It's also the perfect time of year for some great outdoor wedding photos!  Timing is critical though.  Plan it too late and the weather may turn cold.

A winter wedding is something I've only just recently considered.  As the weather gets colder and colder in my area, we actually had our first snowfall of the year.  This made me dream of a nice log cabin wedding with lots of white and rustic charm.  I would love to have a wedding near a large fireplace to keep me warm.

Which season of the year is your ideal time to get married?

No comments:

Post a Comment